Updated on 26 October 2020
This website is committed to providing accessible content to the broad public navigating the site. At the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History, we work on updating and assimilating accessibility rules as much as possible, according to the principles of the accessibility standard. The website is compatible with the accessibility requirements according to T.I. 5568 and the AA accessibility standard, WCAG 2.0; website accessibility is compatible with the leading web browsers.
How can I navigate the website easily?
The website is compatible with navigation by keyboard only.
The TAB key transfers the keyboard focus among the different items on the page; using the arrows together with the ENTER key allows you to choose different options. To navigate backward, use the key combination SHIFT+TAB.
The website is compatible with the screen-reading program, NVDA. When you enter the website you can skip directly to the content using the ALT+Z keys or the ENTER key.
Clicking the accessibility icon will open a menu with the following option:
- Dark colors: display with very high color contrast
- Monochrome: black and white display
- Focus emphasis: activation and inactivation of the focus
- Readable font: activates an especially readable font called Open Sans
Have you encountered a problem? Let us know!
We invest great efforts daily in improving website accessibility as part of our commitment to enabling use by the entire population including people with disabilities.
If you have questions or difficulties related to navigating the website or accessibility, don’t hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com
Museum accessibility coordinator:
To help us treat the problem most efficiently please include as much information as possible:
- A description of the problem
- The type and version of the browser
- The operating system
- The type of facilitating technology (if used)
- The address of the page you were navigating
- What action did you want to perform?
- We will deal with the problem and get back to you as soon as possible with all the details.
We wish you pleasant, accessible navigating.
- The Steinhardt Museum of Natural History is accessible to people with disabilities.
- In the Museum parking lot, there are 620 parking bays. The parking lot is owned by “Ahuzat HaHof” and the entrance is by payment. The parking lot includes designated parking bays for the disabled.
- Disabled restrooms are located on Floors 0, 1, and 2, adjacent to the elevators, accompanied by signage.
- Each of the permanent exhibitions includes display items that may be touched.
- The videos on display in the exhibitions are accompanied by subtitles in Hebrew, English, and Arabic.
- Assistive listening devices are available in the auditorium, instruction room, and screening spaces. These devices may also be obtained from the Museum desk.
- An audio guide for sight-impaired people is available from the Museum desk.