Regulations of the Ticket Sales Website of the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History
Thank you for choosing to order tickets on our website.
The website (museum-tickets.com hereafter: “the website”) is operated by the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History (hereafter: “the Museum”), whose address, 12 Klaussner St, Tel Aviv https://smnh.tau.ac.il/ is used for online sale of tickets to the Museum. Ticket purchasers enjoy rapid admission to the museum and a safe space for the specified activity.
Please closely read the regulations of the ticket sales website, which constitute the terms of agreement between you and us. Provision of details on the website and/or any use of the service provided on the website constitute your agreement to all the terms of these regulations, which apply to you and will obligate you on any issue related to use of the service provided on the website.
- Anyone interested in purchasing tickets to the Museum via the website will provide the required details on the personal details form, including first name, surname, email address, cellphone number and credit card details.
- It is recommended to preorder tickets through the website to visit the Museum or for any specific activity in order to ensure your place. The tickets are issued on the day of the visit – at the Museum ticket desk, after identifying the purchaser.
- Tickets to the Museum and other activities may be purchased directly at the Museum’s ticket desk.
- The price appearing at the checkout on the Museum’s website is the final and binding price.
- Purchases on the website do not include an additional service charge.
The purchaser declares that all of the details he/she has or will provide when purchasing tickets through the website, including his/her credit card number, are his/her correct personal details. Provision of false details may be a criminal offense and the perpetrator is subject to the penalty prescribed by law.
- Tickets ordered on the website will be collected by the purchaser from the Museum’s ticket desk during the Museum opening hours appearing on the website: https://smnh.tau.ac.il/. We clarify that tickets will not be sent by post or by any other means.
- At this stage it is not possible to print tickets ordered on the website but rather to collect them from the Museum’s ticket desk.
- Receipt of tickets ordered on the website requires presentation of the credit card used to pay for the tickets together with an official identity card with a photo of the card holder.
- Those eligible to purchase discounted tickets must present the relevant card, for example: student, senior, Tel Aviv resident, Tel Aviv employee – when collecting the tickets.
- It is recommended to arrive about fifteen minutes before the designated hour. In instances where the ticket/tickets was/were ordered for an activity at a specific hour (workshop or guided tour) the Museum is not obligated to hold the ordered tickets for more than 30 minutes after the entrance time printed on them.
- An ordered ticket may be exchanged up to one hour (60 minutes) prior to commencement of the ordered activity. The exchange will be done directly via the Museum’s ticket desk, tel: 073-380 2000. The Museum is not obligated to exchange the ticket for the desired time but will make efforts to respect all requests.
- Ticket exchange involves refund of the original order and creation of a new order.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after the commencement of a workshop or ordered activity.
- Payment is made using the credit card details provided on the website or via telephone, in one payment.
- The means of payment cannot be changed after ordering the ticket or when collecting the ticket.
- The transaction is conditional on approval from the credit company through which the purchaser is charged.
- The purchase order approval and transaction number will be sent to the email address provided by the purchaser. If an email with the transaction number is not received within a reasonable amount of time, the spam folder of the email should be checked and the inbox should be refreshed, and if the email has still not arrived, a message should be sent to the Museum’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A transaction may be cancelled within 14 days of making the order and up to no less than 7 days before the ordered admission to the Museum.
- Transaction cancellation will not be possible if the ticket has been collected by the purchaser and/or the admission time printed on the ticket occurs within 7 days.
- Partial cancellations are not possible. Cancellation of part of an order requires refund of the original order and creation of a new order.
- If and when – cancellations will be conducted only with the purchaser’s approval by telephone to the Museum ticket desk and upon personal identification.
The Museum’s ticket sales website meets the PCI-DSS standard required by the credit companies and is secured by an SSL certificate owned by the Museum. Transactions conducted on the Museum’s ticket sales website are cleared by SeatGeek (previously TopTix), approved by the credit companies for clearing internet transactions under its responsibility.
You are hereby obligated to use the website for personal needs only and in accordance with the instructions detailed in these regulations including:
- The website services are not to be used to harm the privacy and/or any other right of any person and/or organization and/or any third party.
- Purchase of a ticket for an activity not suitable for the age and/or any other reason related to a family member is the sole responsibility of the website user.
The Museum is not obligated to refund a ticket purchased in a way that does not correspond to the instructions in these regulations.
The Museum has the exclusive right, according to its discretion, to prevent a purchaser from buying tickets online through the website in instances involving execution of an illegal action and/or violation of the regulations and/or intentional provision of false details and/or execution of an action or omission that may harm the Museum and/or any third parties.
In the event that we publish various advertisements, including offers, we hereby clarify that any such advertisement and/or offer and/or answer to a question do not constitute a recommendation and/or professional advice and should in no case whatsoever be acted upon and anyone who uses and/or acts on them and according to them does so solely under his/her own responsibility.
When providing details you can indicate that you approve and agree that from time to time, we and/or anyone working on our behalf will send updates such as advertising material and/or specials and/or notifications about activities and/or events and/or different campaigns. You are aware that if you decide that you are not interested in receiving the above you will be required to notify us accordingly in detail and receive a response from us that your notification was received. As long as this is not done we and/or anyone working on our behalf has the right to continue sending you the above information.
Any notification and/or change and/or issue that we are interesting in notifying you about will be sent to the email address you provided us or published on the website. If we notify you about any change to any of the conditions of communication with us, then absence of response and/or disagreement with the change will considered as if you accept the change.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
The website is the exclusive physical and intellectual property of Tel Aviv University. The information published on the website includes information belonging to the University and/or anyone working on its behalf and/or connect to it. You thereby declare that you do not and will not have any rights of any kind with respect to this information and you agree to this and commit to having no right to make any use and/or copy and/or distribute and/or duplicate any information or picture protected by copyright, trademark or any information belonging to intellectual property without prior permission in writing from a person suitably qualified at the University.
You hereby confirm that you are aware that in the event that you violate the abovementioned in this section you may be sued by the copyright holder and any resulting damage caused to a third party will be your sole responsibility.
Responsibility for Compensation and Indemnification
The purchaser confirms that he/she is aware that there may be faults and/or disruptions and/or delays and/or interruptions in the operation of the website due to internet stoppage or faults and/or website maintenance or upgrade and/or other reasonable reasons and he/she waivers any claim on this issue towards the Museum and/or anyone working on its behalf.
Similarly, you are aware and you confirm that we are not responsible for cancellations of performances or events published on the website. The Museum and/or anyone working on its behalf is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage, consequential or extraordinary, caused to the purchaser or a third party following purchase of tickets via the website.
In the event that the Museum initiates cancellation of an activity, the Museum will issue a credit/monetary refund due to the cancellation and will contact those who purchased tickets for the relevant activity. Those whose tickets were cancelled by the Museum will not have any right to compensation and/or prosecution and/or claim from the Museum on this issue.
The law applying to these regulations is Israeli law. The exclusive judicial authority regarding any disagreement between the Museum and the purchaser, including disagreement regarding the terms of the regulations will be given to the qualified court of law in the Tel Aviv district only.
All of the above text in the regulations, in male or female form, is directed at, and relates to, both men and women.
The Museum has the right to convert and/or transfer its rights and obligations according to these regulations, entirely or partially, to any other body, without confirmation from, or notification of, the website’s users.
We constantly strive to improve and welcome comments / constructive criticism that we may consider implementing. Please contact us by email: email@example.com
The Museum reserves the right to change these regulations from time to time; these changes will come into effect with their publication.