The exhibition is open for free to the general public, and is located in the public open space of the museum building.
Welcome to the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History – a unique opportunity to see nature with different eyes.
The museum presents Israel’s national treasures of nature, selected from a scientific collection of five and a half million items.
The exhibitions at the Steinhardt Museum include thousands of items – some of them quite rare – from the National Natural History Collections collected over decades at Tel Aviv University.
We're now open during regular opening hours. Check the museum's daily schedule before you book your tickets.
A Treasure Chest or Noah’s Ark? Passersby on Klausner Street, next to Tel Aviv University, cannot ignore the intriguing building of the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History that has been uniquely designed to resemble a treasure chest.
What's on at the Steinhardt Museum of Natural History? What research takes place in the Museum? How does this research affect us? Where do the Museum's display items come from? What is taxidermy? How were the display items prepared? What age is the Museum suitable for? Is the Museum accessible? These questions and more - you ask, we answer.
The Steinhardt Museum of Natural History is accessible to the disabled.
(1) There are 620 parking bays in the museum’s parking lot. The parking lot is operated by Achuzot Hachof and carries an entrance fee. The parking lot includes designated parking spaces for the disabled.
(2) Restrooms for the disabled are located on each floor near the elevator, with appropriate signage.
(3) In each of the exhibits there are some displays that visitors are permitted to touch.
(4) The videos in the exhibits are accompanied by subtitles in Hebrew, English and Arabic.
(5) In the auditorium, the classrooms and the screening rooms there are assistive devices for the hearing impaired. These assistive devices may be obtained from the museum’s front desk.
(6) Additional accessibility services that will be installed soon: an audio guide for the sight-impaired.